Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weddings, engagements, and babies...oh my!

So much has been going on in the lives of our friends recently! Seth and Mandy had a beautiful wedding in May, and I will soon be going to my first lesbian wedding. My coworker, Laura, and her life-partner, Carla, will be getting married this coming Friday. While we won't be able to attend the ceremony itself (it's at 3:58pm on a Friday) we will definitely join in on the festivities for the reception. Should be fun!

I found out tonight that some of our other friends (Dan and Amber) just got engaged as well. Congrats to them! I work with Amber so I can't wait to get all the deets tomorrow. They're a cute couple and work well together. They should totally get their WOW characters on their wedding cake!

As for babies, they're not mine [sigh of relief]. Our friend Aaron's rat is pregnant! That means more rat babies in the not-too-distant future! I know this wouldn't be exciting for more people but I'm looking forward to getting a few more. We already have two rats (Ratsy and Squidgie) and I think two more will be a nice addition and keep R & S company.

I'm excited for all of the changes in our lives. There have been so many negative things going on in 2008 (economy, high gas prices, housing market, etc.) that it's nice to have positive things happening on a personal level.

No comments: