Monday, July 28, 2008

Weight loss never occurs fast enough

I feel like I should be losing more weight/inches than I have so far. I cut out cheese and most dairy from my diet altogether. The only meat that I still eat is fish. I drink at least 64 ounces of water per day. I go to the gym for 1/2 an hour generally three times per week (or more, depending on the week). I eat a lot more whole grains and a TON more fruits and vegetables.

So what the heck? Yeah, my normal work pants are looser but I can't fit into smaller sized pants, either. I had a dream last night about my wardrobe:

I had to call in to work because I had nothing to wear. My "fat" clothes were too big. My "thin" clothes consisted of a lot of skimpy skirts [not in my actual wardrobe of thin clothes, fyi]. There was not a decent outfit in sight. I was nearly ready to walk out of the house but then my dad [I'm not sure why he was there, either] told me that it would probably attract the wrong kind of attention. So I had to call my boss and tell her I wouldn't be in until 11am or later because of all of this. Which, oddly enough, she was cool with.

That was my dream.

I've only really felt good about the way I looked for a bring, shining moment in time (1999-2003). I was thin and really liked the way I looked. Aside from not having boobs, but I'd give them up in a heartbeat now (not that they're ginormous but comparitively...).

Anyway, I really hope that the hard work starts paying off (more). It's great that my pants are too big but now they're baggy and hanging on the ground. I've lost enough weight that they're dragging on the ground and I really need to wear a belt. That or I have osteoporosis.

I know Ryan will probably read this and roll his eyes and tell me that he can tell I've lost weight. Yes, yes...I just want to lose more. Sooner.

No comments: