Monday, July 28, 2008

Up in the gym just working on my fitness

Today was a big exercise day for me. I went to the gym with Amber (yes, the Amber who just got engaged, smarty-pants) at lunch and used the exercise bike for 30 minutes. This is a pretty awesome feat for me since by about 18 minutes into the "ride" my butt was numb. But, I soldiered on. Maybe tomorrow I can crank it up past level 6. Look at me go!

When I came home, I felt like getting even more exercise. So, I turned on the Wii and got the Wii Fit all set up. Wii Fit, I've been a fool and I'm glad you've taken me back. (Seriously, though - I haven't used it in 20 days. And it tells methat so I feel even more like a lame, lazy jerk!) Anyway, I accomplished 40 minutes on the Wii Fit! It's cool because most of the exercises are short (2-4 minutes) so you don't notice how much time has really gone by. I'm sure that there are a ton of people who would have no use for the device (I'm talking to you, Mandy & Amber! Because you're tiny, not because you can't work machines.) but it's great for me.

So, all tolled, I exercised for an hour and 10 minutes today. Pretty awesome, particularly for someone like me who doesn't love exercise.

No comments: