Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our updates

The past week was a busy one for both Ryan and me. Well - who am I kidding? - mainly for him. He had to work late a few nights last week (to 4am and 2am, respectively) and he worked for about six hours on Saturday. Good thing he likes his job!

On the bright side, I am a "Top Achiever's Group" winner for my employer this year. I am one of the top 21 Career Advisors at my company nationwide, which is a pretty awesome honor. It's the first year I've been eligible so it's even more of an honor to win. In addition to being perceived as all-around awesome, the honor means that I have won a four-day trip to Orlando, Florida. ("You've been named a Top Achiever...now what are you going to do?" "I'm going to Disney World!") I get to take a guest along with me and the whole thing is paid for. So, if Ryan plays his cards right I might take him with me....

Ryan got Lasik a week and a half ago. So far he's been pretty happy - his vision went from 20/200 to 20/25 so far. His eyes are still a bit blurry but they are a lot better and they keep improving for at least three months. His vision is good enough to drive and play video games so I think he'll do alright.

I think that's most of our personal updates for now. More to come!

No comments: