Monday, August 25, 2008

Dreams

I had a couple very weird dreams over the weekend. I'm not sure what it means (other than I'd run out of Lexapro and my mind may have been sharper at "recording" them).

Dream 1:
I was following my mom up an escalator in a mall-type setting. She was a lot further ahead of me. Once I got to the top of the escalator, I was in what looked like the Grand Canyon on one of those moving sidewalks. The moving sidewalk was going around and around the Grand Canyon (which was pretty small in the dream) at a pretty fast clip. I remember having to move further to the right because the lane of the moving sidewalk that I was in went right over the cliff. So around and around I went, and soon the sidewalk started slowing down - due to the help of a Ryan Seacrest-type guy who'd been standing near the controls the whole time. My mom was nowhere in sight by this point. Anyway, he got the thing going in the opposite direction so I was heading toward where I'd come from in the first place. Only there was an angry old fart who didn't want me to leave for some reason. It was around that point that I turned into a very bouncy pig and jumped through a tiny window into the land I'd come from [aka "the mall"]. Weird.

Dream 2:
Our pet rats [Ratsy and Squidgie] had moved their cage to the refrigerator (and were apparently doing well in there). I went to check on them and noticed additional rats in the refrigerator cage (behind the vegetable drawer). The first rat I picked up was cream-colored and had the face of a rabbit, minus the ears. We named her "bunny". The second rat I picked up was dark brown-black and we named him "bear". There were two others in the refrigerator cage - Ryan and I each wound up holding three rats in the dream. The magic thing is that our two rats are girls. Perhaps Ratsy and Squidgie had moved their cage to a refrigerator on Isla Nublar!

I had another dream about my coworker, Veronica, and I having to go to some networking event together. However, that's not too exciting since we actually do that kind of stuff for work.

Anyway, my Lexapro has been refilled so I shouldn't have weird dreams as much. Not that they're all bad.

No comments: