Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Amazing life is quiet

Well, the title of this blog is "Cassie & Ryan's amazing life", so I figured I'd better post something. The truth is, the title was me being sarcastic. We're not off climbing the Himalayas or...I don't know...saving feral cats. We're just living and there hasn't been too much exciting that's happened recently. But for those of you die-hard fans, here's a glimpse into our exciting world.

Friday
I took my car to Connell Chevrolet to see if they could fix it. My Aveo was making a noise. I can't describe it to you so I won't bother. Anyway, they figured out what was wrong (belt tensioner) but didn't have time to fix it that day. Since we didn't want to be car-less over the weekend, and the problem wasn't crucial, we picked the car back up that evening.

Saturday
We went to a friend/coworker's wedding reception. The wedding itself was on Friday at 4:30pm so neither of us was able to make it. The reception itself was wonderful, though. It was for my coworker, Laura, and her partner, Karla. Yes, two ladies. I know some people don't approve of that but, hey, this is my blog. The reception was very emotional. Laura and Karla have been together for many years and were previously "Domestic Partners", the highest status they could claim as lesbians. Seeing the two of them able to marry and gain all of the rights that everyone in our country should be granted was a beautiful thing. I cried more at their reception than I did at my wedding (perhaps because I didn't really have time to think at my wedding). It was beautiful and they deserve each other and the ability to legally be wed.

Then we went to a party at Will & Trish's to celebrate their birthdays. Fun, fun, fun! You never know who will show up. Somebody made some great veggie lasagna - shout out to that person! Oh, and the chocolate chip cookies were awesome too!

Monday
I went to Baja Fresh for lunch and ordered the Diablo Grilled Shrimp Burrito without cheese. They made me a Cabo Shrimp Burrito with cheese. I asked them to remake the thing "Diablo-style" without the cheese. I don't want cheese, people! They weren't too happy about that and I think that they added some spice to it. Oh well - it was good.

Ryan and I went to Panera Bread for dinner. I ordered Garden Vegetable Soup and a Caesar Salad with no cheese. They gave me a Caesar salad with cheese and no dressing. I DON'T WANT CHEESE! I was very irritated, especially since I didn't find out until I was home. I should have called their hotline and told them I was allergic to cheese.

Tuesday
Ryan went to a SIGGRAPH course about visual effects (I think). And I went to a really long and boring and tedious department meeting. Except for the new MS Office Suite, there's nothing I hate more than a tediously boring meeting. I wanted to claw out my eyes.

I found a cool bottle of wine at Target (called VOGA Pinot Grigio, I believe). I like wine and I loved the bottle, so I got it. Once Ryan got home we watched a few episodes of "Flight of the Conchords", which is a really good TV show. If you haven't seen it, you should. It reminds me of Ryan and me (our senses of humor). Good stuff!

Wednesday (today)
I took my car back to the dealership this morning. Ryan dropped me off at work on his motorcycle (I'm so cool showing up at work in my motorcycle helmet). I led a very productive meeting about an event my department is hosting for graduates. Yay!

And the service guy from the dealership called and told me that the problem with my car wasn't the drive belt tensioner or the drive belt but may be a different belt, belt tensioner, or a "bad pulley". Wait...back up the truck...there are PULLEYS in car engines?! Doesn't that seem a bit 17th century for a high-powered piece of machinery? I mean, it's not a Corvette but come on!
Anyway, they loaned me an '07 Impala. Pretty nice car but it's huuuuuuuuuuuge compared to the Aveo. I'm sure I'll figure it out by the time I have to return it.

And that is our last few days. Pretty exciting, no?

1 comment:

Blenda J. Bewley said...

It sounds like things are going well and that you're having a good time for the most part. That's what it's all about.

There was no mention of a game of Scrabble though. Dad would be crushed. Between that and the loss of so many Tiger's games, I'll have to find a way to brighten his day :)

The reception sounds like it was very nice. The union is not typical, but it's not for any of us to judge anyway. If they're happy that's what it's all about.

Keep on living the good life.