Wednesday, October 8, 2008

That's Mister Tumkins to you!

I went to the pet store (always a bad idea) last Monday and found the cutest male rat! Of course, as I've been looking to get some additional rats, I figured adding a male rat to our rat group would increase those odds. (Ratsy and Squidgie haven't been too successful at having babies...yet.)

Anyway, he's adorable. We named him Tumkins. Don't ask me why. We pick random names (though Ratsy tends to make sense). He's a cream colored "Dumbo" rat (no, he's not dumb - he has rounder ears set more on the side of his head) with brown markings on his nose. He's about six months old, or so the pet store thinks. We also believe that he's deaf which is neither here nor there. He's probably the most loving of our rats, though the girls haven't warmed up to him yet. They probably just don't want to have to fight over him.

Pictures are below!


1 comment:

Blenda J. Bewley said...

So cute!! I'll make sure "Grumpy" sees the pix. :)